GSC Alumni Association Announcements
As Fall is quickly coming upon us, we have announcements to share about the GSC Alumni Association.
The Alumni Board has been renamed the Alumni Advisory Board. It consists of several Alumni, members of the Good Samaritan Foundation and a few College stakeholders. The Board’s goal is to engage all Alumni in meaningful and dynamic ways with other Alumni, Students and the College. We also have added an Executive Committee which meets regularly to manage the implementation of key Alumni initiatives.
This year, we have chosen several initiatives to help us meet our goal of increasing Alumni engagement.
The initiatives are:
- Alumni Involvement in assisting student learning through the Student Success Center
- Alumni to Student Career Speed Networking event
- Alumni Sponsorship of Student Clinical White Coats
- Young at Heart event (Nov. 16)
- Homecoming (April 20, 21) now a Triple Event Weekend
- Common Read with the Author Event
- Expanded Cheer Up and Cheer On Committee
We’re asking alumni to help by serving on one of the Ad Hoc committees that will help plan these events. Much of the work can be done through email and phone calls, so the time commitments are limited, but your help will be essential to taking each event from an idea to a reality. Please volunteer for one of the ad-hoc committees by emailing me at email@example.com. These initiatives need your help for them to be a success!
I look forward to working with as many of you as possible to help make this an exciting and successful year for our Alumni!
Kim Lorenz Navaro ‘77