All College policies are updated on a regular basis and can be accessed by going to the Good Samaritan College Policies web page.
- top -
College Information & Forms
All College Information and Forms are updated on a regular basis and can be accessed by going to the Information, Forms, and Resources web page.
- top -
Notice of Availability of Institutional and Financial Aid Information
All GSC enrolled students receive disclosures through their College email address according to the Communication Policy. Paper copies of disclosures are available upon request. Financial Aid award letters will be available at https://gsc-faportal.gscollege.edu/NetPartner/NetPartnerStudent/Logon.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fNetPartner%2fNetPartnerStudent upon completion of the Free Application for
Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at fafsa.ed.gov.
- top -
- Availability of Team Member for Dissemination Purposes - College team members are available during regular business hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. to answer questions that current and prospective students may have.
- A list of contact numbers is available on the Contact Us page of the website. A phone directory of all faculty and staff are listed here as well. To contact the Financial Aid Office, call 513-862-2742 or email@example.com.
- top -
General Institutional Information
Privacy of Student Records – Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- A student must provide a signed and dated written consent before the College can disclose personally identifiable information from the student’s education records. The written consent must specify the records that may be disclosed, state the purpose of the disclosure, and identify the party or class of parties to whom the disclosure may be made, and must be signed and dated. For information regarding the Permission to Release Information policies please contact the Registrar’s Office. Refer to the FERPA Policy under the policy link above.
- Student health information and records is obtained and maintained by Good Samaritan Hospital Team Member Health Department according to HIPPA regulations.
- Safeguarding Consumer Information - All customer information is safeguarded. The safeguards achieve the following objectives:
- Insures the security and confidentiality of customer information
- Protects against any anticipated threats or hazards to the security or integrity of such information
- Protects against unauthorized access to or use of such information that could result in substantial harm or inconvenience to any customer
Click here for more information
Facilities and Services for Students with Disabilities
- Disability Accommodations - Information on services and facilities available to students with disabilities, including students with intellectual disabilities can be accessed at Academic Support and Disability Services web page.
Student Diversity Information is provided on the College's Institutional Assessment page under Student Diversity Information.
Price of Attendance
- Tuition and Fees - Current Tuition and Fees Charts can be accessed at the Bursar web page. Tuition and fees are reviewed annually and approved by the GSC Board of Trustees. Approved tuition and fees are published July 1st each year.
Net Price Calculator
- Net Price Calculator - The Net Price Calculator will provide prospective undergraduate students with an estimate for expenses at the college for first time full time students. Most of Good Sam’s students are transfer students and the calculator does not take into account the aid these students receive.
Refund Policy and Requirements for Withdrawal and Return of Federal Financial Aid
- Textbooks and School Supplies - Textbooks and school supplies information can be accessed on the Textbook Information web page.
- Good Samaritan College offers three programs of study leading to degrees. Click http://www.gscollege.edu/academics/ for general information on these programs and Good Samaritan College
- Location and Facilities - Good Samaritan College of Nursing and Health Science reside on the 8th floor of Good Samaritan Hospital at 375 Dixmyth Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45220. The college campus is fully equipped with a Resource Center, Student Lounges, Auditorium (max seats 164), Library (3rd floor of hospital), Science & Skills labs, Conference Rooms, Faculty Offices and Classrooms. These facilities utilize space on the 8th, 9th and 10th floors.
- GSC Faculty and Staff - A comprehensive list of Faculty and Staff can be found at the Phone Directory web page.
Transfer of Credit Policies and Articulation Agreements
- Transfer information - Information regarding the transferring of academic credit from one institution to another can be found at Admissions Criteria web page.
Accreditation, Approval, and Licensure of Institution and Programs
Copyright Infringement – Policies and Sanctions
- Copyright Information - Information on Copyright information, policies, and penalties can be accessed on the Policies web page under the Copyright policy.
Computer Use and File Sharing
The Good Samaritan College of Nursing and Health Science (GSC) is committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and policies governing electronic communications, and also to the safe, appropriate, educational use of the College’s information technology infrastructure. More information can be found in the Acceptable Use of Technology policy.
All software on the computers for student use is protected by copyright law and is furnished to Good Samaritan College under a license restricted to use on the College premises for educational use only. To copy or use materials except in accord with the licensing agreements is illegal and may be subject to prosecution in Federal Court.More information can be found in the GSC Student Computer policy.
Career and Job Placement Services
Other Institutional Information
- College Navigator - To utilize the College Navigator website.
- GSC Student Demographic - For information pertaining to Good Sam’s College’s student body demographic information visit the Institutional Effectiveness web page.
- Academic Programs - Academic programs are listed on our website at the Academics web page.
- Strategic Plan - An overview of the institutional 5-year Strategic Plan can be found at Strategic Plan web page.
- Accreditation Information - A list of associations, agencies or governmental bodies that accredit, approve, or license Good Samaritan College of Nursing and Health Science can be found at Accreditations web page. Good Samaritan College will make available for review to any enrolled or prospective student upon request, information describing the institution's accreditation and its State, Federal, or specialty licensing.
- Complaint Process - Information regarding the filing of complaints to Good Samaritan College can be found on our website under Student Advocacy web page or Title IX web page.
- Constitution and Citizenship Day - Events commemorating Constitution and Citizenship Day are held annually on September 17 and are hosted jointly by Student Services.
Constitution Day Materials
- Misrepresentation - Good Samaritan College of Nursing and Health Science is prohibited under federal regulations from making any false, erroneous, or misleading statement directly or indirectly to a student, prospective student, any member of the public, an accrediting agency, a state agency, or the Department of Education. The Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) title 34 sections Subpart F, 668.71-74 addresses the issue of misrepresentation on the part of the College. Information about Misrepresentation can be accessed on the Policies web page under Misrepresentation policy.
- Institutional Code of Conduct for Educational Loans
- top -
Student Financial Assistance
Assistance Available from Federal, State, Local, and Institutional Programs
- Description of Aid - A description of all the Federal, State, local, private and institutional student financial assistance programs is available on the College website Financial Aid web page.
- Financial Aid Handbook – The GSC Financial Aid Handbook describes the financial aid process, types of aid, and all financial aid policies.
- Rights and Responsibilities - Each student receiving Financial Aid under the Title IV program is granted particular rights and responsibilities.
- Satisfactory Academic Progress - Students must achieve and maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) in his or her course of study in order to receive Title IV Financial Aid.
- Terms of Federal Loans and Repayment Schedules - For information on the terms of Federal Student Loans and loan repayment visit https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/sites/default/files/funding-your-education.pdf. This information is also available on the student’s copy of their Master Promissory Note (MPN) when they apply for a federal loan.
- Direct Deposit - When students encounter a credit balance their credit can be refunded via Check or Direct Deposit. Direct Deposit set-up can be completed by going to the Bursar web page and clicking on the Direct Deposit Form at the bottom of the page.
- Federal Work-Study - For information on the Federal Work-Study Program visit the Financial Aid web page.
Federal Student Financial Aid Penalties for Drug Law Violations
- Penalties associated with drug-related offences - Information regarding penalties associated with drug-related offenses go to the Policies web page to access the Alcohol and Drug policy.
Student Loan Information
- Initial Loan Counseling for Student Borrowers – All students receiving a loan for the first time are required to complete the Financial Aid Entrance Counseling available at the Federal Student Loans website
- Exit Counseling for Student Borrowers - All students who receive Federal Student Loans are required to complete the Financial Aid Entrance and Exit Counseling available at the Federal Student Loans website.
- Institutional Code of Conduct for Education Loans
- Preferred Lender Lists – GSC does not endorse any particular lender. For your convenience, we provide alternative loan options for you to explore and decide what is right for you at https://choice.fastproducts.org/FastChoice/home/649400.
- Loan Disclosures - For information, resources, or questions regarding the availability of Title IV funds (including the various federal counseling requirements and NSLDS reporting), State Grant availability, Private Student Loans (and their self-certification process), and Code of Conduct for Financial Aid, please visit the Office of Financial Aid’s web page or visit the One Stop Office.
- top -
Health and Safety
Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Information
- The College provides an annual drug and alcohol prevention presentation and/or workshop. Information regarding drug and alcohol abuse is addressed by accessing the Policies page under Alcohol and Drug and Crime Awareness and Campus Security policies.
- Information on vaccinations and student health records can accessed on the Policies web page under the Student Health policy.
Campus Security Policies, Crime Statistics and Crime Log
- Emergency Response and Evacuation Procedures - Good Samaritan College works collaboratively with Good Samaritan Hospital to provide notification to the College in the case of a significant emergency or dangerous situation involving an immediate threat to the health or safety of students or team members occurring on campus. Emergency response and evacuation is addressed in the Emergency Communication Plan, and Crime Awareness and Campus Security policies. You can access this information at The Campus Safety and Security Data Analysis Cutting Tool.
- Timely Warning and Emergency Notification - Emergency information is addressed in the Emergency Communication Plan and Crime Awareness and Campus Security policies. Additional questions can be addressed to the Director of Facilities.
- Crime Statistics and Crime Log - For information on Crime Statistics and Crime Log please visit our Campus Safety web page.
Fire Safety Policies, Fire Statistics and Fire Log
- Fire Safety and Security Reports - The College works collaboratively with Good Samaritan Hospital to provide regular fire and safety drills. The fire drill report can be found in the security office of GSH and is available upon request. Additional questions can be addressed to the Director of Facilities. (Good Samaritan College does not have on-campus housing.)
- top -
Graduation Rates, Job Placement Rates for Graduates, Retention Rate, Transfer-Out Rates
- All required Student-Right-to-Know and required programmatic accreditation reporting data related to student outcomes (Transfer Out, Program Completion/Graduation, Retention, NCLEX-RN Pass Rates, etc.) are located on the Institutional Effectiveness web page. This page identifies pertinent sources of information and reporting parameters.
- top -
- Voter Registration - Voter registration information is sent to students annually. Voter registration forms are made available to all students.
- top -