Notice of Availability of Institutional and Financial Aid Information
All GSC enrolled students receive disclosures through their College email address according to the Communication Policy. Paper copies of disclosures are available upon request. Financial Aid award letters will be available from Self Service when students are registered for classes. In the Self Service, students will click on the Financial tab and click the link GSC NetPartner. In order to receive an award letter, students will need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Contact Information for Assistance in Obtaining Institutional or Financial Aid Information
- Availability of Team Member for Dissemination Purposes – College team members are available during regular business hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. to answer questions that current and prospective students may have.
- A list of contact numbers is available on the Financial Aid Basics A directory of all faculty and staff are listed as well. To contact the Financial Aid Office, call 513-862-2742 or Financial Aid Office.
General Institutional Information
Privacy of Student Records – Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- A student must provide a signed and dated written consent before the College can disclose personally identifiable information from the student’s education records. The written consent must specify the records that may be disclosed, state the purpose of the disclosure, and identify the party or class of parties to whom the disclosure may be made, and must be signed and dated. For information regarding the Permission to Release Information policies please contact the Registrar’s Office. Refer to the FERPA Policy under the policy link above.
- Student health information and records is obtained and maintained by Good Samaritan Hospital Team Member Health Department according to HIPPA regulations. Student will use CastleBranch to upload their health requirements for admission to the College and throughout their enrollment at GSC. Information will be provided during Registration and Cornerstone events.
- Safeguarding Consumer Information – All customer information is safeguarded. The safeguards achieve the following objectives:
- Insures the security and confidentiality of customer information
- Protects against any anticipated threats or hazards to the security or integrity of such information
- Protects against unauthorized access to or use of such information that could result in substantial harm or inconvenience to any customer
Facilities and Services for Students with Disabilities
- Disability Accommodations – Information on services and facilities available to students with disabilities, including students with intellectual disabilities can be accessed at Academic Support and Disability Services.
Student Diversity Information is provided on the College’s Institutional Effectiveness page under Student Diversity Information.
Cost of Attendance
- Tuition and Fees – Current Tuition and Fees Schedule can be accessed at the Tuition & Aid Tuition and fees are reviewed annually and approved by the GSC Board of Trustees. Approved tuition and fees are published July 1st each year.
Net Price Calculator
- Net Price Calculator – The Net Price Calculator will provide prospective undergraduate students with an estimate for expenses at the college for first time full time students. Most of Good Sam’s students are transfer students and the calculator does not take into account the aid these students receive.
Refund Policy and Requirements for Withdrawal and Return of Federal Financial Aid
- Withdrawing from a class – The policies, information, and requirements for withdrawing from a class can be found at the Policies page, and the Fact Sheet for Federal Aid Refund/Withdrawal
- Refund Policy – Students may be eligible for refunds once the course(s) have been officially dropped/withdrawn. See Withdrawal & Refund Policy
- Return of Federal Financial Aid – See the Return of Federal Financial Aid Title IV Funds Policy on the Policies
Textbook and Uniform Information
- Textbooks, School Supplies, and Uniform Information – Textbooks and school supplies information can be accessed on the Tuition & Aid Students can order their books and uniforms online at the Joseph Beth Bookstore in Good Samaritan Hospital.
- Good Samaritan College offers three programs of study leading to degrees. Click Academics for general information on these programs and Good Samaritan College
- Location and Facilities – Good Samaritan College of Nursing and Health Science reside on the 8th floor of Good Samaritan Hospital at 375 Dixmyth Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45220. The college campus is fully equipped with a Resource Center, Student Lounges, Auditorium (max seats 164), Library (3rd floor of hospital), Science & Skills labs, Conference Rooms, Faculty Offices and Classrooms. These facilities utilize space on the 8th, 9th and 10th floors.
- GSC Faculty and Staff – A comprehensive list of Faculty and Staff can be found at the Directory
Transfer of Credit Policies and Articulation Agreements
- Transfer information – Information regarding the transferring of academic credit from one institution to another can be found at Transferring to GSC
Accreditation, Approval, and Licensure of Institution and Programs
- Information about GSC accreditation go to Accreditation
Copyright Infringement – Policies and Sanctions
- Copyright Information – Information on Copyright information, policies, and penalties can be accessed by going to the Policies
Computer Use and File Sharing
The Good Samaritan College of Nursing and Health Science (GSC) is committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and policies governing electronic communications, and also to the safe, appropriate, educational use of the College’s information technology infrastructure. More information can be found in my.gscollege.edu.
All software on the computers for student use is protected by copyright law and is furnished to Good Samaritan College under a license restricted to use on the College premises for educational use only. To copy or use materials except in accord with the licensing agreements is illegal and may be subject to prosecution in Federal Court. More information can be found in the GSC Student Computer policy which is found at my.gscollege.edu or by contacting the college.
- Student Services provides a variety of activities that promote personal and professional growth. For additional information go to the Resources and Services, or the Groups/Clubs
Career and Job Placement Services
- Career Services provides information for students and alumni to explore career directions. For more information go to the Careers
Other Institutional Information
- College Navigator – To utilize the College Navigator
- GSC Student Demographic – For information pertaining to Good Sam’s College’s student body demographic information visit the Institutional Effectiveness
- Academic Programs – Academic programs are listed on our site at the Academics
- Strategic Plan – An overview of the institutional 5-year Strategic Plan can be found at Strategic Plan
- Accreditation Information – A list of associations, agencies or governmental bodies that accredit, approve, or license Good Samaritan College of Nursing and Health Science can be found at Accreditations Good Samaritan College will make available for review to any enrolled or prospective student upon request, information describing the institution’s accreditation and its State, Federal, or specialty licensing.
- Complaint Process – Information regarding the filing of complaints to Good Samaritan College can be found on our site under Student Advocacy page or Title IX
- Constitution and Citizenship Day – Events commemorating Constitution and Citizenship Day are held annually on September 17 and are hosted jointly by Student Services.
Constitution Day Materials
- Misrepresentation – Good Samaritan College of Nursing and Health Science is prohibited under federal regulations from making any false, erroneous, or misleading statement directly or indirectly to a student, prospective student, any member of the public, an accrediting agency, a state agency, or the Department of Education. The Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) title 34 sections Subpart F, 668.71-74 addresses the issue of misrepresentation on the part of the College. Information about Misrepresentation can be accessed on the Policies
Student Financial Assistance
Assistance Available from Federal, State, Local, and Institutional Programs
- Description of Aid – A description of all the Federal, State, local, private and institutional student financial assistance programs is available on the Tuition & Aid
- GSC Financial Aid Manual – The GSC Financial Aid Handbook describes the financial aid process, types of aid, and all financial aid policies. It is located on the Financial Aid Basics
- Rights and Responsibilities – Each student receiving Financial Aid under the Title IV program is granted particular rights and responsibilities. For information on these rights, visit the One Stop Office at the college.
- Satisfactory Academic Progress – Students must achieve and maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) in his or her course of study in order to receive Title IV Financial Aid.
- Terms of Federal Loans and Repayment Schedules – For information on the terms of Federal Student Loans and loan repayment visit Funding Your Education. This information is also available on the student’s copy of their Master Promissory Note (MPN) when they apply for a federal loan.
- Direct Deposit – When students encounter a credit balance their credit can be refunded via Check or Direct Deposit. Direct Deposit set-up can be completed by going to my.gscollege.edu and clicking on the Direct Deposit Form.
- Federal Work-Study – For information on the Federal Work-Study Program visit the Tuition & Aid
Federal Student Financial Aid Penalties for Drug Law Violations
- Penalties associated with drug-related offences – Information regarding penalties associated with drug-related offenses go to the Policies page to access the Alcohol and Drug policy.
Student Loan Information
- Initial Loan Counseling for Student Borrowers – All students receiving a loan for the first time are required to complete the Financial Aid Entrance Counseling available at the Federal Student Loans site
- Exit Counseling for Student Borrowers – All students who receive Federal Student Loans are required to complete the Financial Aid Entrance and Exit Counseling available at the Federal Student Loans site.
- Institutional Code of Conduct for Education Loans
- Preferred Lender Lists – GSC does not endorse any particular lender. For your convenience, we provide alternative loan options for you to explore and decide what is right for you at Fastproducts.
- Loan Disclosures – For information, resources, or questions regarding the availability of Title IV funds (including the various federal counseling requirements and NSLDS reporting), State Grant availability, Private Student Loans (and their self-certification process), and Code of Conduct for Financial Aid, please visit the Tuition & Aid page or visit the One Stop Office at the college.
Health and Safety
Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Information
- The College provides an annual drug and alcohol prevention presentation and/or workshop. Information regarding drug and alcohol abuse is addressed by accessing the Policies
- Information on vaccinations and student health records can accessed on the Policies page under the Student Health policy and the Vaccination/Immunization Requirements.
Campus Security Policies, Crime Statistics and Crime Log
- Emergency Response and Evacuation Procedures – Good Samaritan College works collaboratively with Good Samaritan Hospital to provide notification to the College in the case of a significant emergency or dangerous situation involving an immediate threat to the health or safety of students or team members occurring on campus. Emergency response and evacuation is addressed in the Emergency Communication Plan, and Crime Awareness and Campus Security policies. You can access this information at MyGSC or by contacting the College.
- Timely Warning and Emergency Notification – Emergency information is addressed in the Emergency Communication Plan and Crime Awareness and Campus Security policies. Additional questions can be addressed to the Dean of Campus Operations/Library Services.
- Crime Statistics and Crime Log – For information on Crime Statistics and Crime Log please visit our Campus Safety
Fire Safety Policies, Fire Statistics and Fire Log
- Fire Safety and Security Reports – The College works collaboratively with Good Samaritan Hospital to provide regular fire and safety drills. The fire drill report can be found in the security office of GSH and is available upon request. Additional questions can be addressed to the Dean of Campus Operations/Library Services. (Good Samaritan College does not have on-campus housing.)
Graduation Rates, Job Placement Rates for Graduates, Retention Rate, Transfer-Out Rates
- All required Student-Right-to-Know and required programmatic accreditation reporting data related to student outcomes (Transfer Out, Program Completion/Graduation, Retention, NCLEX-RN Pass Rates, etc.) are located on the Institutional Effectiveness This page identifies pertinent sources of information and reporting parameters.
- Voter Registration – Voter registration information is sent to students annually. Voter registration forms are made available to all students.