We are honored to serve those who have served us.
Good Samaritan College of Nursing and Health Science (GSC) is proud to support military families! We invite those on active duty, released from active duty, active reserve, and dependents of military service members to join the ranks at a school that is prepared to deliver an education that is vital for future success. Below you will find valuable information on college credit for military service, education benefits, and other services of interest to military personnel.
Yellow Ribbon School and Post-911 GI Bill
GSC is a proud member of the Yellow Ribbon program. You can take advantage of the veterans’ benefit program for college education named the Post-911 GI Bill (Chapter 33), as well as the Yellow Ribbon program that corresponds with the bill.
Chapter 33 pays full tuition and fees for three years, as well as the stipends for housing and books. GSC is directly reimbursed by the VA for tuition and fees. Students receive a monthly stipend from the VA to assist with costs of housing and books. The Yellow Ribbon Program allows institutions of higher learning to voluntarily enter into an agreement with the VA to fund (Chapter 33) tuition expenses that exceed the highest public in-state undergraduate tuition rate. The institution can contribute up to 50% of those expenses and the VA will match the same amount. GSC holds this agreement with the VA.
Applying for Admission
Whether you are looking to start school as a freshman, transfer student, we encourage you to complete the following:
- Submit an admission application at www.gscollege.edu
- Speak with our Educational Services Officer (ESO) or counselor within your branch of Military Service. ESO approval must be obtained prior to enrollment. See the www.dodmou.com/TADECIDE/ homepage for links to tuition assistance information for each branch of the service. Or follow the links below:
- Utilize the Post-911 GI Bill /Yellow Ribbon Program
- Please see GSC Admissions policy and other policies for information that impact veterans.
- Important information such as Student Success Center, Advising and Academic Assistance, Career Services, Disability, Bookstore and other services can be found on the Resources and Services page
- Find complete and comprehensive information about VA benefits
- Apply through the VA
- Notify GSC’s Assistant Director of Financial Aid that an application has been submitted. To see the full Directory and Credentials of all GSC faculty/staff, click here.
Veterans Administration GI Bill benefits at GSC
The Financial Aid Office oversees the forms, information, and reporting services for VA-GI Bill benefits at GSC. Office hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. All questions regarding GI Bill benefits as reimbursement for GSC expenses should be directed to:
Financial Aid Office
School Certifying Official
Financial Aid Timeline for Veterans and Service Members
The VA and DoD programs vary for those on active duty, released from active duty, active reserve, inactive reserve, and dependents of military service members. Students are entered into the VA database when they start their first term at GSC. At the start of each following term, students’ coursework is certified for the VA through the database.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This must be on file with the Office of Financial Aid. FAFSA online
- GSC Federal School Code is 00649400
- Students must file a FAFSA each year. Students are encouraged to apply early, as soon as the FAFSA is available beginning October 1
- GSC has a priority awarding deadline
- February 1st of each year for continuing students
- November 15th of each year for first-year students
- The last date to file a FAFSA for 2018-2019 is June 30, 2019. A valid FAFSA needs to be sent to the college while the student is enrolled and eligible3.
- Find information regarding financial aid
- Find Cost of attendance information for veterans under College Information and Financial Aid Budget.
- Financial Aid Basics
- Principles of Excellence for Educational Institutions Serving Service Members
- Check the status of your VA Benefits or obtain a copy of your DD214
- Find post 9/11 G.I. Bill information
- My Next Move – For Veterans and a career as a Registered Nurse
- Important information and veterans topics of interest.