RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program
Minimum Requirements for Program Admission
- Minimum cumulative college GPA of at least 2.5
- Valid and active RN license The RN License must be held in the state where the practicum site is located in order to take the BSN practicum courses.
Documents for BSN Admission Process
- Online application
- Official High School, Vocational School or GED transcripts
If applicable, all Official College Transcripts
Official transcripts should be sent to:
375 Dixmyth Ave
Cincinnati, OH 45220
We also accept transcripts electronically from official transcript providers (ie. National Student Clearinghouse, Parchment or eScript). Foreign transcripts must be translated through WES or equivalent.
Provisional Acceptance to the RN – BSN Program
Applicants with a cumulative GPA of 2.0-2.49 for all pre-licensure coursework may be accepted provisionally and permitted to enroll. The requirements are:
- Register and complete nine credit hours of coursework from the upper division curriculum with an average GPA of 2.5 or above to be eligible for final acceptance to the BSN program.
- Academic probation, as described in the Academic Standards and Regulations policy, is not an option for provisional students for the BSN upper division program.
- Applicants who do not pass a course or who do not achieve a 2.5 GPA for the nine credit hours will be denied acceptance to the program.
GSC Graduates who wish to enter the BSN program the semester following graduation but have not yet taken the NCLEX-RN licensing examination may be admitted to the BSN program provisionally but must acquire RN licensure to progress into the nursing courses.
See the Admissions Standards and Regulations Policy for more information.