The College admits students for August and January start dates. Admissions are selective. There are two paths to admittance into the Nursing Program – Pre-Nursing and Automatic Acceptance.
Documents for AASN Admission Process
- Online application
- Official High School, Vocational School or GED transcripts
If applicable, all Official College Transcripts
- ACT or SAT scores (if within the last two years)
Request scores be sent from ACT or SAT to Good Samaritan College.
- Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) score
Official transcripts should be sent to:
375 Dixmyth Ave
Cincinnati, OH 45220
We also accept transcripts electronically from official transcript providers (ie. National Student Clearinghouse, Parchment or eScript). Foreign transcripts must be translated through WES or equivalent.
Testing Site: University of Cincinnati Testing Services Department – To register, go to www.uc.edu/testingservices click “register now” then choose “TEAS Only.” Additional fees apply. 513-556-7173
Minimum Requirements for Nursing Admission
- High School GPA or Cumulative College GPA of 2.5 or higher or successfully completed GED with minimum scores of 2250 and 410 in each section.
- Minimum official ACT score of 17 or SAT score of 1340 (on the 2400 scale), 990 (on the 1600 scale). GSC’s school code for the ACT is 3375 and our SAT code is 1259. Waived if out of high school <2 years.
- Minimum Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) composite score of 58.7
Additional Admission Requirements for LPN to AASN
- Must meet the admissions requirements for the AASN program.
- Present a valid, unencumbered Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) license.
- Complete all pre-requisite courses for NUR 201 (see course descriptions in the catalog)
- Successfully complete the approved NUR 150 LPN to AASN Transition Course (both theory and laboratory) once accepted here, or a transition course from an approved Ohio Articulation Model. The student will be able to enter NUR 201 on a space available basis.
See the Admissions Standards and Regulations Policy for more information.