RN to BSN Program
The GSC RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) completion program challenges women and men to strive for intellectual and professional excellence, to build inclusive communities, and to promote social responsibility. The online program is designed for adult learners who prefer a combination of guided independent study, peer learning, and faculty-facilitated learning, in an environment that offers collegial relationships with faculty and other students.
Upon completion, the graduate is prepared for advanced degree study.
RN-BSN End of Program Student Learning Outcomes (5 EPSLOs)
- Knowledge Synthesis. Integrate knowledge from multiple disciplines to provide safe, high quality patient-centered care including health promotion and risk reduction.
- Technology Use. Utilize technology to synthesize theory, research and practice data to support and evaluate decision making and quality improvement in nursing practice.
- Leadership Integration. Integrate leadership systems change and social justice principles to important health outcomes of individuals, families, and populations in a variety of healthcare settings.
- Interprofessional Collaboration. Collaborate with other members of the interprofessional health care ream to improve effectiveness of health care systems.
- Learning. Strengthen own professional identify and commitment to lifelong learning.
RN-BSN Program Outcomes
- Program Completion Rate: At least 75% of students will complete the RN-BSN program within 3-4 years after beginning NUR301 Transition course.
- Job Employment Rate: At least 85% of respondents will maintain or advance current employment within 12 months from graduation date.
Academic Residency Requirements – BSN
The BSN program’s philosophy is consistent with the mission of the College.
BSN Sample Curriculum Plan
|Total 48 Credit Hours
Junior Year Fall Semester Credit Hours
|ENG 102||English Composition II||3||COM 105||Professional Communication||3|
|ETH 321||Social Ethics||3|
|MTH 111||Algebra and Probability||3|
|Junior Year Spring Semester Credit Hours|
|CSI 102||Informatics & Technology In Health Care||3|
|MTH 204||Basic Statistics||3|
|NUR 301||Baccalaureate Nurse Transition||3|
|NUR 311||Healthy Aging||3|
|Summer Ten-Week Session Credit Hours|
|BIO 311||Pathophysiologic Basis of Patient Care||3|
|Senior Year Fall Semester Credit Hours|
|NUR 315||Nursing Research||3|
|NUR 321||Holistic Health Concepts||3|
|NUR 331||Population Health Care||2|
|NUR 332||Population Health Care Practicum||1|
|Senior Year Spring Semester Credit Hours|
|NUR 411||Principles of Nursing Leadership||3|
|NUR 415||Continuity of Care||3|
|NUR 431||Role Exploration Seminar||2|
|NUR 432||Role Exploration Practicum||1|
|NUR 485||Capstone: Quality Improvement Project||3|