RN to BSN Program
The GSC RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) completion program challenges women and men to strive for intellectual and professional excellence, to build inclusive communities, and to promote social responsibility. The online program is designed for adult learners who prefer a combination of guided independent study, peer learning, and faculty-facilitated learning, in an environment that offers collegial relationships with faculty and other students.
Upon completion, the graduate is prepared for advanced degree study.
RN-BSN End of Program Student Learning Outcomes (5 EPSLOs)
- Knowledge Synthesis. Integrate knowledge from multiple disciplines to provide safe, high quality patient-centered care including health promotion and risk reduction.
- Technology Use. Utilize technology to synthesize theory, research and practice data to support and evaluate decision making and quality improvement in nursing practice.
- Leadership Integration. Integrate leadership systems change and social justice principles to important health outcomes of individuals, families, and populations in a variety of healthcare settings.
- Interprofessional Collaboration. Collaborate with other members of the interprofessional health care ream to improve effectiveness of health care systems.
- Learning. Strengthen own professional identify and commitment to lifelong learning.
RN-BSN Program Outcomes
- Program Completion Rate: At least 75% of students will complete the RN-BSN program within 3-4 years after beginning NUR301 Transition course.
- Job Employment Rate: At least 85% of respondents will maintain or advance current employment within 12 months from graduation date.
Academic Residency Requirements – BSN
The BSN program’s philosophy is consistent with the mission of the College.
BSN Sample Curriculum Plan
RN to BSN Program – Exciting Seven Week Sessions!
|Total 48 Credit Hours|
|First Semester, First Seven-Week Session(9 Credit Hours)|
|COM 105||Professional Communication||3|
|ENG 200||English Composition||3|
|MTH 111||Algebra and Probability||3|
|First Semester, Second Seven-Week Session(9 Credit Hours)|
|MTH 204||Basic Statistics||3|
|CSI 102||Informatics & Technology In Health Care||3|
|Second Semester, First Seven-Week Session(6 Credit Hours)|
|BIO 311||Pathophysiologic Basis of Patient Care||3|
|NUR 301||Baccalaureate Nurse Transition||3|
|Second Semester, Second Seven-Week Session (6 Credit Hours)|
|NUR 311||Healthy Aging||3|
|NUR 315||Nursing Research||3|
|Third Semester, First Seven-Week Session (6 Credit Hours)|
|NUR 331 / 332||Population Health Care Practicum||3|
|Third Semester, Second Seven-Week Session (6 Credit Hours)|
|NUR 411||Principles of Nursing Leadership||3|
|NUR 415||Continuity of Care||3|
|Fourth Semester, First Seven-Week Session (6 Credit Hours)|
|NUR 431 / 432||Role Exploration Seminar / Practicum||3|
|NUR 485||Capstone: Quality Improvement Project||3|