Good Samaritan College of Nursing and Health Science was formed for the purpose of preparing men and women for careers in nursing and other health-related educational programs in a Christian environment. The Board of Trustees reaffirmed and approved the Mission, Vision, Values, and College Goals and established this strategic plan in November, 2016.
This Plan is based on a comprehensive environmental scan with results aligned to current & anticipated healthcare & higher education industry trends. There are six objectives which guide goals, strategies, and measures for each strategy.
Strategic Planning Theme: "Your Future in Healthcare Starts Here"
- Program Growth: Grow enrollment to meet community needs while achieving sustainable financial performance in core operations
- Student Centered: Create a student experience that supports students in engaging with excitement and confidence and results in successful certification and job placements
- Customer Focused: Establish strong relationships with nursing, physician and administrative leaders to provide clinical placements, job placements and direction for program development to meet market need
- Faculty/Staff Team Engagement: Establish GSC as the “destination site” for faculty and staff – engaged, energized, focused on state of the art instruction, collegiality – and student centered and customer focused education
- Financial Health: Establish a revenue base, cost structure and management discipline to ensure sustained financial health
- Graduate Programs: Design new graduate programs to match the market need