The Good Samaritan College of Nursing and Health Science (GSC) is a specialized college of higher education committed to educating men and women for careers in nursing and other health related fields in the Greater Cincinnati region. The College is a private Catholic institution that fulfills its mission by addressing the needs of our students with differing interests, plans, and expectations.
To be the regional leader in providing nursing and health care education in a unique Catholic and hospital-based college environment.
The College values are as follows:
- Respect for All People: treating all people with the same degree of compassion we would want for ourselves and our families.
- Stewardship: choosing to serve the community rather than ourselves by making the best use of our time, treasures and talents. Stewardship includes our environmental commitment.
- Service Excellence for all Customers: entrusting people to anticipate customer needs, continuously improving services and consistently exceeding the customer's expectations. Quality of our services is defined by the internal and external customer.
- Response to Community Needs: making decisions to meet the diverse needs of the community while respecting various community cultures and our own values.
- Respect for our Spiritual Heritage: emphasizing the organization's spiritual roots and behaving such that our values are evident in everything we do.
- Valuing Differences: nurturing an environment that values diversity, recognizes differences, encourages personal growth and enhances the self-worth of each individual
The goals of the College are to:
- Emphasize a Christian value orientation to life.
- Create a caring environment that allows each individual to feel personally satisfied and reach his/her fullest potential.
- Promote academic excellence.
- Embrace professional standards of conduct as a lifelong value.
- Serve the community.
- Embody the traditions and reputation of the College.
- Foster an ongoing commitment to learning and to this educational institution.